I Think I Have ADHD

Friday morning: I'll just have my coffee and then get started on my work. Well, I might as well check the news while drinking my coffee. Oh, here's an article my mom would like; I'll text it to her. <texts with mom for a while about the weather in her state and mine> Let me make myself a hearty breakfast so I can work through lunch. I might as well watch last night's Jeopardy while eating my breakfast. Oh, I'd better clean up these dishes before going up to get dressed. <washes dishes, wipes down sink, counters, stove, and range hood - accidentally knocks the range hood air filter off and breaks it - gets tape to fix it - puts back all supplies> Let me make the bed while I'm up here getting dressed. Oh, I forgot that I have all this jewelry from my summer outfits to put away. <sorts necklaces, earrings, and bracelets into compartments in jewelry storage containers - places them back in closet> Huh, I should take out these fall shoes and bring them downstairs. I'll just put them over here by the top of the staircase. Oh, look, I left a coffee mug in the guest room yesterday morning. Let me grab that, and here is the dog's collar that I took off last night so he wouldn't wake us with the jingling of his tags. That reminds me: daughter's boyfriend is coming tonight to take the dog to her place for the weekend, so I'd better bring this dog bed downstairs and put it by the front door. <brushes teeth before going downstairs> I think I'll try that new braided hairstyle I saw on Instagram. <walks downstairs with lopsided braids 20 minutes later> Let me just sit down over here in the office to start my work. Oh dear, there are some papers to be shredded and some to be filed. Let me just get those out of the way. <filing bank statement elicits more receipts to be added to shredding> Here we go. <dog barks at a stranger passing by the house> Come lay down. There, good boy. Now, let me begin with a 5-minute meditation I was supposed to do this morning when I woke up. <enjoys calming meditation> OK, got my lap desk, my laptop, the power cord, and my reading glasses. Let's get started. <turns on computer, but the battery is too low and it shuts down again> Alright, let's go in the other room and plug in so I can sit on the comfy couch. There we g....you know? I bet the dog would like it if I move this piece of furniture so he can look out the window. Hey! Found a domino under here from when we had that party last month! Whaddya know! I'll just put it back in this domino box... what the? It's stuck! This thing is always stuck and hard to open. If I could just shave down the sides a little, it would slide open and shut so much more easily. I'll have to get some sandpaper from the workshop in the basement. <turns on basement light, searches for sandpaper in tool cabinet> Well, will you look at that! A replacement range hood air filter I must have bought ages ago and stored down here. I'll just take that upstairs with me and put a brand new one in instead of that one I broke this morning. <sands and oils the sides of the wooden domino case lid - after several attempts, it fits better - returns domino box to proper place> Dog lying down, computer charging, time to get going on my work.... It's now 3:00. I have one hour to do work until that virtual meeting I agreed to. Then, I'll have to start making dinner for hubby. He will want a tomato on that burger. I'll have to try to run out to the store after the meeting. While I'm there, I'd better pick up some more vitamin B12 and some creamer...This might make a funny post. I think I'll write that first before I begin. That will get me warmed up...

All. True. 

*sigh*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Whole Basket

Bullfight